Ponderation and Frustration
I'm going to have to do a bit less with the mouth and a bit more with the fingers, it seems. I think I am forgiven for shouting about my recent modest success, but those same people who offered congratulations are now on my back for more!
After all this time, thanks to modern technology, there is an end in sight - but far far way away. I can only plod on, nibbling away at what is necessary. The goal is my first book. The problem is - content.
One thing is quite definite; it is to be an anthology, but exactly what, I do not yet know.
In response to a question, I answered that I have enough to fill the first book, but perusal of my archive tells me that I have not. Oh, it looks that way at first glance, but I do not honestly feel that there is enough wordage there to do the job.
When I started out all those years ago, aimlessly jotting down stories from my childhood, I simply recorded the framework, the basic story. Many of these have since been upgraded, coloured in, filled out - but by the same token, many have not.
The situation is thus:- I have 19 story titles, and a quick tot up gives me 18,799 words, which is 989 words per story average. Some stories, of course, need more words, some need less, but even so, there is not enough there to fill a book, not if one considers value for money.
Yes, I know it is a question of paying value for something.
Also, I have other short stories, made up of fiction, autobio and apocryphal. There are 7 of these, with a total wordage of 13,638, or 1,950 average.
The question which now taxes me is this:- which way do I proceed?
Do I work only on the first list to bring them all up to scratch, or do I work on the second list likewise.
Or, do I work on combining the two lists? Answers please, on a post card...............................!
This is something where feedback would be greatly appreciated.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home