Its Here! It's arrived!

I received a package the other day, from People's Friend, containing a free gratis issue of the magazine. At first, I did not understand why they should send me a copy since I had, for the moment, quite forgotten that they had bought a short story from me.
On seeing the issue date some three weeks ahead, it began to dawn on me that this was something special, then it finally clicked. It shows what a sharp mind can do, doesn't it? This must be IT!
Opening up the packet, I began to turn the pages, but my fingers decided not to cooperate, and the pages seemed to want to stick together, but I persevered until - well, until I found it!
I was chuffed to see my story, in all its modest glory, there on page 50, for all the world to see and read. My heart swelled to see the results of my first recent efforts.
I am pleased to say that they published the story without any changes, except for the title, which they substituted for one more fitting to their purposes. I do not mind.
On reading it - it seemed all new and fresh laid out on their page, I enjoyed it, thinking "I did that, that is my creation, my baby!"
Hopefully, I may now have more success.
I am now, in all modesty, a "Published Writer".

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home