Saturday, June 14, 2008

About the "Gino" story - good news!!!!!

When my dear Brother wrote to say 'STOP', I did so, naturally. Since he said he had the story already writted somewhere, I wrote back saying 'OK, I'll stop".

I went on to say that I had no intention of peeing on his cornflakes so therefore would not publish. I did say, however, that I would continue as I feel I need proactise in dialogue, but that I would not publish.

I also reminded him, in the nicest way possible, that there is no copyright on ideas, only on application and treatment of them.

I was interested to see his take on the idea, and it really was similar - although I had started with a slightly different premise, location and so on, we both went on to finish with remarkably similar treatments.

Anyway, I received another email to tell me that the "STOP IT" request had not been for me to stop doing the story, but to stop reading his mind! I must take issue with that - how can I be reading his mind, when it is he who's reading mine?

This shared heritage thing is beginning to spook me - what will come next?

Anyway, the point of this ramble is one that will please many - I will continue with my version of the story. In fact, I've already done another chunk which needs a little dressing, and will post it here for you in a few days - or very soon, whichever is earliest.

I have the glimmer of an idea that we might combine and unite his take and my take on the story, then publish under our joint names. You know, take the best bits from both! It might prove interesting.

WATCH THIS SPACE!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home