Tuesday, April 22, 2008

New Beginning


Up until last Christmas, I was doing fine with the new book, then I went sick again. I tend to function only when I have a sufficient supply of oxygen so that whenever I get a chest infection (these seems to come far too often these days) I struggle to get along.


Unfortunately, when I'm sick, this writing lark takes second, third, fourth place in the scheme of things. Now that I have finally shaken off the latest of a series of chesties and am functioning at what passes for normal, I can get back to me book.


I've managed to write three more stories this last week, all for inclusion and can now start on the formatting of the book. I shall set the page size so that the document throws up with an idea of the final page count. Then I shall read through the whole lot, start to finish, checking, correcting, looking for bloomers and goolies, errors in continuity - all the stages necessary to produce as perfect a manuscript as I'm able.


Once the editing it complete, then it can be paginated, finding proper homes for the widows and orphans cast out by the pagination and additions/subtractions to the script. Finally it can be uploaded and a proof copy obtained; so you can see, the end is in sight - again!


I've also been working on the cover art, with a massive help from my dear friend Sharon. Bless her heart, she jumped in when Avery took sick and began a course of in and out of hospital sessions. I wish him all the very best - get well soon Mate.


As to the title, I think I have it now. Judge for yourself as you look at the picture of the book cover, as it might look. There is much work still to be done, but finally, I have an image of it.


This is what it will look like, subject to minor adjustments.


Those of you who are so inclined may wish to start saving your pennies!

2 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Yes, I like the look of that cover, and the title.

10:18 am  
Blogger nuttynat said...

cooool :-)))

8:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home