Titles and Wotnots
On Christmas eve last, I had to call the doc for some antibiotics for me chest and since then have had 3 further courses of the things, two visits to the hospital emergency and a two week course of salbutamol via the ventilator thing.
All this time, I've been prevented from working for more than a few minutes at a time, consequently the book has gone to pot. Oh, I've fiddled about and have managed to produce a couple of stories for inclusion, but nothing really constructive.
For instance, I've been unable to scan through to check for sequencing and timelines or even to concentrate on it for more than a few minutes. I've discovered exactly how deeply I'm addicted to that oxygen stuff that comes from the air via the lungs. I can't manage without it!
Now, for the first time in weeks, I feel well enough to get back to it all, to start picking up the pieces. If only I could remember where I left off!
One thing that has been troubling me is the title. I started with a working title, then I thought that "Plodding Along" was what I was looking for, but after seeing the images appear on screen that match the images in my mind, I've changed my mind.
As with The Chicken, where the title 'jumped out at me' from one of the tales, the same thing has happened now. One of the tales tells of when I was on my own, trudging through a near blizzard up a country lane, feeling totally isolated from civilisation.
This mind picture, this memory, with the utter bleakness of the situation, has given me what I think will be a much better title, one that will stand out more. I recall thinking "roll on morning, and I can get out of this bloody cold!" and this has offered a suggestion. Bear in mind that all the stories in this book are from when I was in the Constabulary, spending most of my time alone, at night, trudging my way around in what was the worst winter for about 15 years - since I was a kid, anyway!
I have come up with a few titles but cannot decide which will fit best.
Here they are:-
Possible Titles
Will Tomorrow Ever Come?
Will Tomorrow Never Come?
Tomorrow is Late Arriving
Will There Ever Be a Tomorrow?
The Sun is Late Arising
Roll on Tomorrow!
Will Morning Never Come?
Will Morning Ever Come?
I rather fancy the second one - Will Tomorrow Never Come?
What say you?
Suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home