Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Pleasing or Frustrating?

I'll leave you to decide.

I had a nicely pleasing phone conversation this morning from a gentleman whose Missus had bought him a copy of 'The Chicken' as a Christmas prezzie.

He tells me that he's a slow reader and is not one to pick up a great big tome, start at the front and keep going until either his back breaks with bending over in the chair or his eyes glaze over - he likes a book of shorts, like mine, one that he can dip into when he fancies.

He doesn't like any that will tax his brain too much, nor patronise - but he does enjoy a well told tale, one that he can believe in. He says my book meets his criteria!

It seems that he has finally finished reading The Chicken at last and has savoured and enjoyed every minute spent reading it.

"When is the next one out please?" was the question.

"Er, I dunno", was my quick -as- a- flash, erudite answer.

"Well, get a move on, 'cos I want one, and I'm willing to buy it myself!
"So, when you get it done, put a copy on one side with my name on it!!!!"

That makes at least 5 impatient people that I know of, so I guess I'd better pull me finger out, hadn't I?

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Goro, my friend, you can make that 6 people waiting impatiently!

1:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home