Thursday, April 24, 2008

Problems already - again!

We're still working on the pic for the cover, trying to get the shades of darkness just right. Sharon, bless her little cotton socks, is fiddling away in an attempt to keep up with all my thoughts.

Essentially, we have the pic, but it's a matter of what it will look like when printed out as a full wrap-around cover for the 'perfect bound' book.

I just tried to print out a copy, but either my printer is being disobedient or I'm not telling it right, but it doesn't seem to want to print out on glossy paper! Massive splodges of ink don't sit well on glossy paper, no they don't!

I had an Epson Stylus Photo R300, bought about 6 years ago which gave sterling service until it went sick. It refused to print single labels on the sheet, it complained of imaginary paper jams and the little man inside whose job it is to pull the CD printing tray in and out went on strike.

So, Number 2 Son went out and bought a replacement for me, same make and model, but this time the R285. The only problem is that is seems not to want to make a decent pic for me. I told it 'glossy paper' and made sure it was glossy that I put in, but it still came out as if it had been painted with a wallpaper brush, a la Rolf Harris, only this time the call 'Can you tell what it is yet?' was pointless.

The Lad needs to have a look for me, and I must be patient in waiting for him.

Meantime, I have plenty of manuscript to work on and I don't want to fall behind again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home