Monday, October 13, 2008

Published at Last!

A huge sigh of relief and satisfaction escapes me as 'Will Tomorrow' finally goes up to the printer! I'm waiting now for my Proof copy to arrive in a few days, when I will finally approve or reject it.

If the finished product passes muster and is acceptable, then it can be released to the unsuspecting public! I know there are quite a few who have been impatiently waiting for it, and I truly hope and pray that it will meet with their approval. I honestly believe it will.

It hasn't been easy for me - far from it. The actual collation of ready written stories from the files and the addition of new ones has been relatively easy, but the work necessary to get them correct and presentable has been terribly difficult for me. I can only work in small doses, you see?

These days, I have only a short attention span and my endurance is low, plus I find it so hard to learn new things necessary to the process of self-publication. These past few days have been murder as I've struggled with creating a pdf of the cover artwork and have discovered that this process is not as easy as it would seem.

I'm grateful for all the help I've been given in this matter, but have discovered that the freebie pdf converters appear to be not up to the job, and that, coupled with my inability to comprehend and grasp the technicallities has meant that the cover has not turned out exactly as was intended.

However, it is as good as I could possibly make it, using Sharon's specially created artwork. I wanted so much to use it, but it seemed that the requirement for a critical pdf might scuttle it and I might have to resort to something else. I managed to work around it, but I'm exhausted.

So, we wait and see the outcome and I need now to learn all I can about pdf and to find a decent cheap or free pdf creator that will meet my needs, and learn all about it for next time, for there will indeed be a next time.

More news later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home