Finally, it's here - almost!
The new book, "Will Tomorrow never come?", is finished, yes finished.
I'd actually completed it and sent it out for review by my wonderful helpers, but then I found 5600 words that I'd written for inclusion, in response to little anecdotes that had come to mind as I'd worked on the manuscript.
Unfortunately, I'd mis-filed the blighters, and had forgotten them!
Anyway, they are now included and the finished product is, as I write, being gone over, dissected, reviewed, corrected -whatever these nice, lovely, honest and diligent people decide to offer as necessary! Of course, they have the threat of inclusion or otherwise from my Christmas Kiss List hanging over their heads, but I don't think that threat will sway them from their self appointed task.
It's nerve wracking for me, to say the least.
I've been over the MSS time and time again, so that I fail to spot those little errors which would 'jump out' at the reader! But then, I'm only human, positively old (as my kids so kindly keep reminding me) and it seems to get harder as I go on. I have difficulty concentrating for very long, and I can only hope that this hasn't shown up in the MSS.
The cover art is finished and needs only to be sized to match the number of pages (spine thickness) and then, when those kind people have finished and I've done the necessary, it will be ready for uploading!
As things stand now, we have a book "Will Tomorrow never come?", in the same vein, and a follow-up to "The Chicken", approx 230 pages, 55 thousand words.
It is exactly the same size and format as "The Chicken" and will be available via the same source as before, ie Lulu.
I will be offering the same deal as before, that is, I will mail a signed Bookplate to any purchaser who requests same. But please remember - I DO NOT HAVE YOUR ADDRESS FROM BEFORE. As Promised, I destroyed those addresses that were given to me for mailing. They are like the parrot, dead, deceased, gone!
So, for those who purchased "The Chicken" (and I thank you) and who are intending to get "Tomorrow", you will need to request again in the same way - but not yet please!
I'm honoured and delighted that many have said already that they are eagerly awaiting this moment, but please curb your impatience - it's on the way at last!
One last thing - you'll like it!
More details later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home