And another
And another one goes into the file!
Spent most of yesterday at the keyboard, it was just one of those days. I had the time and the inclination, and dare I say the calling? I almost said "urge" but it is not quite that strong, but I have to admit that I am longing to finish the basic framework.
Believe it or no, I have not read what I have written! Ever since the words formed on the page, they have lain there, unread, except by my dear friend, Mississippi Lil who casts her beadies over them for me to check for inconsistencies and clangers before she files them away safely for me.
I dare not read back, as I would then have the urge to keep changing them, for I cannot guarantee that they are perfect. They will certainly need changing when it comes to revision time, and I have given to understand that the whole thing may come to be rewritten in the search for near perfection!
After yesterday's completed chapter (No. 17 @ 3897 words), the end is coming into view. A long way away, sure, but I have reached the point where I can "feel" the conclusion coming on, all I have to do is work my way there without straying too far from the plot outline.
It has been, and still is, a real pleasure to be doing this, and I hope it shows in the writing. I know it will not be a literary masterpiece, it will probably not be in the first division, but I am encouraged by being told it is "good", no - better than that, "very good".
Time will tell, of course. At the moment, the first 16 chapters are being test read by a trusted friend who will give me his opinion in the categories of:-
a) Readability
b) Understandability
c) Enjoyability
d) Buyability.
As and when I receive notice from him, I shall know with a fair degree of certainty whether or not my labour is in vain.
At one time, until I started this project, I was uncertain that I could do it, and needed all the encouragement possible, now, to be honest, I don't really care what people think - I am enjoying the whole process. It is most excellent therapy for what ailed me for so long - depression and self doubt!
However, it is nice to receive plaudits and honest encouragement!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home