What's it all about?
I spent an interesting hour or two yesterday, re-ordering the chapters. I'm not sure whether the new sequence will stay, or whether a new shuffle will be called for, but at least for the moment, I have a reasonble chance of following what I have writted!
Perhaps it's because I have a grasshopper mind that the story goes back and forth, or it may be that I am not very good at the game. I am trying to create a story that swings back and forth without confusion, while still holding the reader's interest.
My Scrutineer tells me that I'm doing all reight, and getting better at it. I am beginning to agree, as the dialogue is coming out better and the story is still flowing - I am beginning to know the characters much better!
By the way -does anyone have a spare spine they can lend me? Mine is killing me and has been doing so for the last couple of days. I don't know whether I've bumped it, laid on it wrongly or whether it's a bug, but I'm feeling rather fragile right now. Even my comfortable chair isn't!
It hurts to stand, it hurts to sit, it hurts to lay down and it hurts to bend.
Old age galloping up on a fast nag?
Back to the book - I have reached a point where I am not sure whether to continue in the 17th or the 21st Century. I don't want to bore the reader by rehearsing the same thing over and over, so I'm trying to reveal little bits at a time. The tricky question is whether to let the reader see it happen in the 17th or have the hero tell the reader in the 21st that it had happened. A bit of both, I fancy, if I can pull it off!
Do you know, I can't wait to read the yarn when it is finished!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home