Nighthawk Rides Again
Half past one in the morning and I'm at it again. I often wonder what I used to do before I discovered this thing when I was riding the Night Trail, unable to sleep.
I 'm going though one of my cycles, I think, where I just don't sleep. My Mam used to sleep a lot during the day and I never could work out if she slept during the day because she didn't sleep at night, or if she couldn't sleep at night because she slept during the day! I think I have it worked out now - but I still don't know the answer.
When I was plagued by nightmares after my little "accident", the doc gave me some pills, but only for a short time, and they worked quite well. Sometimes I think some of those sleepybyes would be welcome right now, but then I don't really want them.
Ah well, I suppose I should just take advantage of the extra peace and quiet time, and get some more pages knocked out, which I am about to do, folks! I can't have you thinking I am slacking!
In my book, I have one or two dream sequences, and here is where I use the experiences of my nightmares for inspiration, but I will keep the better ones for any horror stories I may decide to write! They will really make the flesh creep and curl!
Before I close this section to go back to work, I must tell you where the name Ambrose Salathiel comes from and why I am using it. I do re-enactment of the Civil War - no, not THAT one, the earlier one, the English Civil War in the middle of the 17th Century when America was just aborning.
My name in that world is Ambrose, and I feel comfortable with it, and since my book is partly set in the period, it seemed appropriate. As with the working title of Golden Rose, the publisher, should I ever find one willing to take it on, may decide the name is not sexy enough and change it to Aloysius Darling or Tom Pepper or some such! My own names, the family one and my own given name, much as I like them, do not carry the same aura, or would not have enough impact on the bookshelf!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home